Bethlehem Press

Monday, November 20, 2017

LVIP fire likely accidental

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 by Nate Jastrzemski njastrzemski@tnonline.com in Local News

Deputy Fire Chief Craig Baer in a statement Wednesday said early investigation into the Aug. 10 warehouse fire on Commerce Center Boulevard was likely accidental.

Baer, who is also fire marshal, said he determined the fire originated on the roof while the final roof surface was being installed. The installation process of the final roof surface involves the use of a highly flammable adhesive, and the vapors from this adhesive were likely ignited by one of multiple ignition sources on the roof.

There is no evidence available to indicate that this fire was intentionally set.

The building in question is still under construction and no one was injured.

The investigation is ongoing.